The third Education for the Future webinar took place on March 14, 2023, and featured the topic “Mindfulness and Social Emotional Learning in K-12.” Below, you can watch the recording or learn more about the event.
Date Recorded: March 14, 2023
Duration: 54 minutes
The event covered three main topic areas, including:
- Status of children’s mental health
- Definition and overview of SEL and mindfulness research
- How can SEL and mindfulness nurture students’ resilience?
Below is a list of resources shared during the webinar.
- Data and Statistics on Children’s Mental Health
- Global Prevalence of Depressive and Anxiety Symptoms in Children and Adolescents During COVID-19
- Pennsylvania School Study Council
- Systemic SEL: A Comprehensive Guide
- Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL)
- The CASEL Guide to Schoolwide Social and Emotional Learning
- Leading for mindfulness (co-authored by Deb Schussler, Karen Krisch, et. al.)
This Education for the Future event aligned with the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs):
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being
- Goal 4: Quality Education
Contact the Presenters
- Deb Schussler, Professor of Education, Penn State
- Karen Krisch, Principal, Marion-Walker Elementary School, Bellefonte Area School District